Day 7

Lessons' Motmot
Angel's Trumpet
Stick game
Monet, Cristy and I

Today was our last day to collect data. We started off by sitting at the bird feeder station to observe there but there wasn't much birds because they stopped putting fruit out when the bird watching group left. So we decided to go to the lower part of the garden where the oldest tree is located. We were looking first at these little birds trying to ID them but we ended up seeing a Blue-headed Parrot. It was so cute it looked like it was taking a "siesta" which I just recently found out means nap, every time people would say that I thought they were talking about fiestas. She or he was really aware of us you could see it looking right back at us :D

  We eventually let it be and wondered off to our favorite spot in the garden! Behind Casa Wilson I would say is where we found a majority of our birds. It's so peaceful right there I like to just sit there and take it all in. A Lessons Motmot let us get pretty close she was pretty. I think we got a pretty decent amount of birds for our last day in the field. 👍 Michael showed us this article about Costa Rica running on 100% renewable energy for 300 days it's freaking amazing!! Kudos to them. There was another cultural exchange that night they had some pretty good and funny legends, pretty songs and a fun stick game. I've never actually payed attention to how stick game was played so it was interesting to watch. I really love the cultural exchanges it's nice to hear/see other cultures traditions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Day 3

Day 9