Day 2

Paramo

Hummingbird at the restaurant

Return of the tiny hand


      On Monday we all traveled in a charter bus to the research station around 7 am. The bus ride took foreverrrrr but we had a pretty comfy bus. We took the mountain route this time and on the way back we'll be taking the coastal route(stay tuned for pics :p). The scenery on the mountain route was beautiful but I tried to sleep most of the way because I forgot my motion sickness medicine 😱 story of my life!We stopped at the Paramo it was nice it reminded me of the shrub steppe back home. We stopped for lunch at the highest restaurant in Central America (10,000 feet)! Ate lunch with some pretty Hummingbirds outside of the window. Was expecting it to be colder but one of the workers at the restaurant actually told us that it was warmer there than it usually is around this time

     We still had quite a bit of ways to go after the restaumrant but finally made it to the station after 5 pm!! We're staying at the Casa Wilson it's a cute dorm/house for all the students. They name the rooms after animals which reminds me of my tribes Camp Chaparral back home which names the cabins after animals (I was always in the squirrel cabin). The room I'm in here is called "Ardilla" don't quote me but I believe it also means squirrel?Brought back memories of the good ol' days:p
I'm just happy to finally be here and looking forward to seeing how my project and the other projects turn out as well.


-Lil' Kim 😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Day 1

Day 9